Pages

Tuesday, 22 August 2017

Hauora In Science

Aim:  I want to find out how far my germs spread when I sneeze. 

Equipment :
Food colouring ( Blue, Red, Purple, Pink, yellow, Green ) 
butcher paper 
Plastic cups 
Tissues
Water 
Tape 

Method
1 -  Lay the paper out in a straight line as far as 5 meters. 
2 - Get Plastic cup and full it with as much as water as 100 ml.
3-  Then put as much as 10 drops of food colouring in the cup of water. 
4 - Then put some coloured water in your mouth ( DO NOT SWALLOW ).
5-  Then spit SOME of the water ( NOT ALL OF IT ).
6- Then take a tissue and roll a small corner, then stick up your nose till you sneeze. 
7- If you don't sneeze then pretend to sneeze, spitting the water out. 
8- When sneezing remember to look ahead of you. 
9- Measure how far you sneeze, Mark your name where you sneeze. 

Do












Measurements- 
Shortest Sneeze - Sophie - 1.13m
Longest Sneeze -Summer - 3.10m
Inbetween - 
Tia - 1.79m
Kasey- 2.20m
Lorelei - 2.60

I  Found out that spit can travel as far as 3 meters. Meaning That you can spread a cold if you do not cover your mouth with A piece of Tissue. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.